Buy to Let Mortgage Advice in Northampton
Some buy to let mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other debt secured on it.
Whether you are looking to buy your first rental property or want to expand an existing portfolio, getting the right mortgage products and financial advice can make all the difference.
Speak to an experienced buy to let mortgage advisor and you stand a much greater chance of successfully expanding your portfolio and maximising your profits. Choose the wrong mortgage, and you risk experiencing void periods and being unable to offset the management and maintenance costs of the property.
The buy to let sector is currently the fastest growing part of the UK market, so it’s essential you choose a mortgage advisor who is not tied to any particular bank or building society. We have access to products that are unavailable to individuals, allowing us to comb the market in search of the right deal for your own unique circumstances.
We can also help you with protection insurance and advise you on how to successfully and profitably manage your rental property.
Ready to begin your buy to let journey or take your portfolio to new heights? Speak to our experienced team of buy to let mortgage advisor Northampton today.
Why Get a Buy to Let Mortgage?
There are very attractive yields to be had when investing in property via a buy to let mortgage, but it should not be seen as an easy way to make money. This sector of the market is becoming increasingly more complex. However, with the right advice, knowledge and attitude from your buy to let mortgage advisor it can be very profitable.
What to Consider Before Getting a Buy to Let Mortgage
Before applying for a buy to let mortgage, it’s important to understand the following:
- Interest rates tend to be higher than for a residential mortgage.
- You might need landlord insurance. We can help with this.
- You will typically need a larger deposit - usually 20% to 25% of the property’s value.
- You will be offered a mortgage based on the rent potential of your property (how much rent you will earn from the property).
- Additional costs to consider include maintenance costs, letting agent's fees, management service fees, ground rent, service charges, insurance, furnishings, gas and electrical appliances and decorating costs in between tenancies.
Quick Buy to Let Mortgage Enquiry
Tailored Buy to Let Advice in Northampton
Instead of just finding you a cheap mortgage deal, at Derngate Wealth we carefully consider your personal circumstances and goals. Our mission is to find a mortgage that’s right for you - one that can help you achieve your long-term aims.
Our experienced buy to let mortgage advisors in Northampton can help you decide what you hope to achieve by becoming a landlord. Perhaps you’d like to create another income stream? Or maybe you are looking to make a profit through increased equity, as the property increases in value over time.
Your aim, along with other key factors, will determine the type of property you buy and its location. That’s why it’s important to talk to letting agents to find out what is in demand, and the rental value of the different types of properties available.
For hands-on, practical and jargon-free advice that helps you achieve your goals, talk to us today.
Why Choose Us?
- Jargon-free, transparent advice that’s easy to understand
- Services are tailored to your individual needs and circumstances
- Excellent value for money
- We’re not tied to one lender - a wide range are available to choose from
- We cover the whole of Northampton, including Kingsthorpe, West Hunsbury and Collingtree
- We have a great reputation - read some of our latest reviews below
Helpful Friendly and Approachable
Helpful & Amazing
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, but fewer mortgages will be available to you if you’ve not owned a home before.
Typically, upwards of 20% of the property’s value - significantly more than for normal mortgages.
No - buy to let mortgages are only suitable for landlords.