Quick First Time Buyers Mortgage Enquiry
First Time Buyer Mortgage Advice
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Buying your first home can be exciting, daunting and confusing. At Derngate Wealth Management, we are experienced mortgage brokers in Northampton offering advice on mortgages, taking the hard work out of applying for a first time buyer mortgage Northampton. We will guide you through the process from start to finish, helping you to understand everything required in order to secure your first home.
What We Do
At Derngate Wealth Management, we can offer mortgage solutions and advice in Northampton and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you get the most suitable deal based on your circumstances. We will help you to determine how much you can afford to borrow based on how much deposit you have and work out your fees such as conveyancing and stamp duty. In addition, we will help you to understand what your monthly income and outgoings will be like when you buy your first home.
Ready to begin your journey towards homeownership? Simply complete our quick online form to get started, or pick up the phone and give us a call on 01604633253 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, where our team can offer expert advice on first time buyer mortgages in Northampton.
Why Choose Us?
- Jargon-free, transparent advice that’s easy to understand
- Services that are tailored to your individual needs and circumstances
- Excellent value for money
- We’re not tied to one lender - a wide range are available to choose from
- We cover the whole of Northampton, including Kingsthorpe, West Hunsbury and Collingtree
- We have a great reputation - read some of our latest reviews below
Speak to one of our mortgage advisors in Northampton today to find out more.
Helpful Friendly and Approachable
Helpful & Amazing
We cannot thank Gary enough
Mortgage Considerations for First Time Buyers
Lending criteria have relaxed somewhat in recent years, with lenders once again offering mortgage products that require only a 10% deposit (subject to status). However, you need to remember that the lower your deposit, the higher the monthly repayments will be.
Once we have taken everything into account and worked out how much you can afford to borrow, you can then use this information to find the right property and make a realistic offer, knowing that you will meet the lender’s affordability requirements.
Here are our top tips for first time buyers:
- Be realistic in working out how much you can afford to pay in mortgage repayments each month and don’t forget to budget for council tax, utility bills, food, insurance and luxuries and take into account furnishings, renovations and decorating costs.
- Seek an ‘agreement in principle from the lender, as this will allow you to be sure of your maximum offer price when you find a property.
- When viewing properties, take an experienced buyer with you as they may pick up on things you may not know to consider.
- Check what council tax band your property falls under. The estate agent should be able to tell you what this is.
- Check the school catchments; even if you do not have children, it will be easier to sell a property if you are within a good catchment.
- Make sure you are aware of local public transport and road links and, if possible, try and buy a home close to where you work to minimise commuting costs - this can be one of the biggest household expenses.
- Before making a final decision on where to move to, research the area and find out what local amenities are on offer, including restaurants, bars, sports clubs, cinemas, parks and shops. It could differ vastly from where you currently live, so make sure you are aware of the key facilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Not all buyers share the same personal and financial circumstances - in fact, everybody is different. This means that there’s no one-size-fits-all ‘best’ mortgage for people buying their first house. Of all the different options available to you, we can help you determine which best meets your needs.
As with any mortgage, lenders will want to see that you have a good credit history, are responsible with your money and you’re earning enough to be able to keep up with repayments. It can be tougher if you’re self-employed to prove this, but we can help you make it happen.
Unlike price comparison websites, we will consider your personal circumstances carefully as well as your financial situation. Instead of just offering you the cheapest deal, we’ll work with you to find mortgages that meet your requirements to a tee - and we can assist throughout the application process too.